Monday, November 12, 2007




Ciao from Nonna A - I'm so thankful to God (and Roger) for letting me come to Florence to see the cutest little girl in the world! Eva Claire is so beautiful and petite and perfect-and as usual pictures don't do her justice! She certainly was born in the right place because everything here is little - little baby, little house, little kitchen, little coffee pot, litte bread... Their one room (well the bathroom makes two) home is so bright and cozy and miraculously finds a place for everything including me. We've had so much fun. My favorite spots (besides the Churches for Mass) are of course the Ospedale where we ride the bus to see Eva every afternoon (parents can only go during visiting hours), the little (of course) grocery store and local laundry mat and Fra Angelico's beautiful frescos in the Monastery cells of San Marcos. We've cried some, laughed alot and eaten huge amounts of pizza, pasta and chocolate. We watched the Sound of Music and (I) can't stop singing Eva Claire to the tune of Edleweis. Thank you for your prayers for my trip! I did get to Rome to see a little (of course) Papa Bene in his window for the Angelus last week. I really wanted to bring everyone's love to Christi and Bill and have tried to be helpful, loving and kind. I'm starting my journey home in a little while and feeling sad but very thankful. God Bless the little Mangan family in Florence! Chiao!

4 comments:

momwats8 said...

It is wonderful that you were able to be there with them. Every "little" bit helps:)

manganmember said...

Your presence there has benefited the little Mangan family more than you could ever know. I'm glad you were able to be there for your daughter and Little Eva.
-Naomi

newbie said...

i've been thinking a lot about the same song "edelweiss" too...

Eva looks like an one in the fresh morning dew.

Eva Claire said...

least favorite song.."edelweis"

B